About the Job
Saint Joseph’s Catholic Academy seeks an outstanding individual with demonstrated leadership skills for the position of Head of School.
For more information on St. Joseph’s Catholic Academy, please see: www. stjoeacad. org
About the Position:
The Head of School is the chief administrator of St. Joseph’s. The Head of School is hired by the Board, with the approval of the Bishop of the Diocese of Altoona-Johnstown, to provide leadership of the school, stewardship of the school’s finances and to serve as a public face of the school in the community. In addition to day-to-day school operations, the Head of School is responsible for long-range planning, including curriculum development and assisting the board and its agents with fundraising, marketing, student admissions, faculty recruitment, outreach to the community, and institutional advancement. SJCA has some capacity for increased enrollment, and the Head of School will be directly involved in planning and implementing improvements to and expansion of the physical plant as needed. The Head of School is responsible for measuring and monitoring progress on key performance metrics and for reporting results on those metrics to the Board.
The Head of School ensures that Saint Joseph’s Catholic Academy offers a rigorous college preparatory curriculum focused on forming the next generation of leaders by providing an environment that fosters a life of faith and scholarship grounded in Christian spirituality, academic proficiency, and the Gospel values of integrity, respect, service and justice.
The successful candidate will be an individual who:
- Is a faithful Catholic leader who embodies Gospel values, the values of Catholic education and the mission of Saint Joseph’s Catholic Academy.
- Demonstrates a personal spirituality and willingness to make a difference in the lives of our students and faculty.
- Has a commitment to academic excellence.
- Demonstrates a broad knowledge of curriculum and instruction, and related technology.
- Has excellent communication skills.
The successful candidate will be able/have a desire to:
- Serve as both an academic leader and chief operations officer.
- Recruit, select, evaluate and retain exceptional personnel. An experienced mentor of faculty who is capable of inspiring excellence in teaching and learning is preferred.
- Work with multiple constituencies including faculty, students, parents, board members and volunteers, in a decisive, fair and consistent manner.
- Create an environment that supports academic rigor, quality and innovation.
- Lead with fiscal integrity.
- Understand performance metrics and is comfortable reporting and discussing progress on selected metrics.
- Help frame a compelling vision of Saint Joseph’s Catholic Academy’s future and articulate it to energize the community and other stakeholders to lend their support.
- Provide leadership and identify opportunities for community partnerships. Develop tactics and strategies to implement these opportunities.
- Aid in school fundraising initiatives and events.
Reports to: Board of Trustees
To be considered for this position, applicants must currently have:
- A Master’s Degree or higher, preferably in Educational Administration
- A minimum of 5 years of successful teaching (preferred) and/or administrative experience
- A current Principal's license (or eligibility for licensure as a Principal) from the Pennsylvania
Department of Education
SJCA has appointed an interim Head of School who is not a candidate for the permanent position. The start date for this position is flexible, but no later than July 1, 2018.
Salary and benefits are competitive and will be commensurate with experience and the tasks identified in the position description.
Please send the following materials electronically to SJCABOT@stjoeacad.org
- a cover letter articulating how your personal educational philosophy supports the SJCA four pillars,
- resume/curriculum vitae,
- names and contact information for three professional references, and
- copies of Principal/teacher licensure and certifications, if applicable.
Review of applications will begin immediately. The position will remain posted until a desired candidate is secured.
Questions about this position may be directed to:
Head of School Search Committee, Board of Trustees
• Post ID: 52357972 pennstate