What you’ll be doing...
You will manage a diverse workforce of technical associates and management team leaders that deliver advanced communication services to business and residential customers, in a demanding, fast-paced, environment. Overseeing approximately 150+ employees spanning across a large geography, with responsibility for performing different field operation functions such as construction, service delivery, installation and maintenance of the Core and Special Services networks. Supervising, coaching and mentoring your team toward performance and customer excellence while supporting and maintaining the outside plant infrastructure of the territory will all be on you radar.
- Responsible for all Hi-Capacity, Construction, HSI and Voice services to Wholesale, Enterprise, small business residential customers.
- Managing a large technical scope, delivering operational compliance, monitoring expense and managing to financial objectives, leading and executing corporate initiatives, scaling team performance, responding to customer escalations, and managing the internal stakeholder /social system for optimal support toward the business (Network Engineering, Customer Operations and Marketing).
- Establishing policies and procedures balanced against the customer needs and overall business priorities.
- Balancing workload with available work force, and delivering business objectives through innovation, flexibility, and creativity.
- Interpret current labor agreements and negotiate through the grievance procedure.
- Responding to out-of-hours emergencies, i.e. service outages involving digital and analog service, telephone plant damage, cable damage and restoration.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of the end-to-end installation and repair process.
Even better if you have:
- A degree in a related field.
- Technical training in telecommunications or electronics.
- I&M, Operations and/or Construction experience.
- Strong financial and business acumen skills.
- Experience developing executive presentations and presenting to senior leaders.
- Ability to manage a large team with multiple priorities.
- Ability to act with relative independence while exercising objective judgment in methods and techniques in order to meet criteria for obtaining results.
- Proven track record of performance in productivity, quality and safety measurements in a field operations environment.
- Advanced knowledge of computer operating systems.
- Diverse operational background with experience in Sales, Marketing, Dispatch and the FSC.
- Experience managing a Capital and Expense budget.
- Proven outstanding customer contact skills.
- Experience presenting to senior leaders, strong leadership, teaching and motivation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflicting priorities across multiple functional areas within Operations.
- Experience leading large projects.
- Working knowledge of special hi-cap services and CPE.
- Knowledge of Field Operations, DRC, Labor Relations.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule to include evenings and weekends, on-call and respond to out-of-hours emergencies.
- Valid Driver's License.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/8279097-field-operations-area-manager
• Post ID: 59051672 pennstate